Thursday, June 09, 2005

Road Trip

We went to Houston to visit M’s parents. I know her mom had some reservations about me but when she saw me she didn’t say anything catty or rude, she was very gracious.
Her dad was really cool. He’s still really shaken up about M’s passing. Understandably. I can’t imagine how it must feel for a daddy to be at his little girl’s funeral.
We stayed at a hotel. I slept in the bed with Middle Boy and the other two boys slept with their daddy.
One night, their daddy kissed me. On the forehead, but I nearly fainted. I thought he was angry or impatient with me, so I said “Monsieur (I call him ‘monsieur’) I’m sorry if I did anything to make you mad,” and he said, “Dear lady, do not trouble yourself, I am out of sorts,” and he took my face in his warm hands and kissed me on the forehead.
I damn near creamed to death. I feel like I’m 16 and a groupie. ‘EEEEEK!’
We went to NASA, which the big boys loved. We just got back today. Whew.

No comments: