Wednesday, April 19, 2006

History as Roadkill, My Celebrity Lookalike

The more I read Maggie, the more I miss her:
Society is a busy highway; historians have a difficult job because they can only determine the course and daily life of an ancient society through its letters and its artifacts. This is somewhat like trying to describe daily traffic on a busy highway, based upon tire tread marks and the occasional tossed hubcap that has been recovered by the historian, hungry for data. Society is what happened in the road; written history is often a collection of roadkill and other detritus, written by the ones who managed to not get run over today.
From The History of Technology [unpublished] by Maggie.
Who knew I was so hot?
Lisa Kudrow

Lisa Kudrow: 73%

Jayne Mansfield

Jayne Mansfield: 66%

Neve Campbell

Neve Campbell: 66%

Rachel McAdams

Rachel McAdams: 66%

I found this earlier but La Muerta reminded me of it again. Naturally, I’m vain enough to want to know which celebrity I look like. Apparently, it’s Lisa Kudrow (76%) with the rest of these bringing up the field at over 60%. Hopefully Lisa doesn’t ever get on a no-fly list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

none of those are EXACTLY right, but maybe neve campbell is the closest to you?

the Yearning Heart said...

deacon, gosh you're sweet. I dunno, because I think I've got Lisa Kudrow's lopsided smile. I don't think I look ANYTHING like Jayne Mansfield. I think this facial recognition stuff really is more to feed our vanity.