Friday, June 23, 2006

one from Maggie

I have been going through a lot of Maggie recordings, as she left tons of them. There is ragtime, jazz, rock, country and blues. Also classical; oh my word but there is lots of classical, most of it I have no idea what it is.
Claire de Lune
This one I recognize. When Maggie played it at Lady Ann’s Brothel, the girls would get all misty-eyed. Work would come to a halt, and we would all listen, and then when she was done the girls would all jump on the couch. What a great way to rack up those sales and motivate the production floor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for making me remember this :-) This is by Debussy and I had asked her for an other one from Debussy : Le Petit Nègre. We rarely hear that one but, of course, she could play it. See? I am very much into classical myself so Maggie was a real gift in so many ways. (Maryse)